Sunday, October 14, 2012

Goodbye Smithland

Dear Boy & Girls at Smithland,

Today, Sunday, I have finished taking down all of the pictures in my room.  I have packed up, and now I am leaving.  I will remember all of you very well.  It was a great joy to be with you.  You are enthusiastic and caring children.  I hope you remember the color rainbow of vowel sounds that Leo the Lion and I taught you.  Here is the list to help you remember.  It is a list for number colors too.

0) Mushroom Brown is for the vowel sounds in "up" and "above."
1) Turnip Purple is for the vowel sounds in "look" and "her" and "fur" and "pull."
2) Old Indigo Corn is for the vowel sounds in "oat" and "no" and "oar."
3) Blue Juice Cyan Blue is for the vowel sounds in "new" and "true."
4) Green Bean Green is for the vowel sounds in "see" and "eat."
5) Pickled Olive Green is for the vowel sounds in "it" and "fit."
6) Lemon Yellow is for the vowel sounds in "end" and "pet."
7) Apricot Orange is for the vowel sounds in "ape," and "late."
8) Apple Red is for the vowel sounds in "an" and "and" and "sat."
9) Watermelon hot pink or soft pink is for the vowel sounds in "hot" and "soft" and "all."

"I" is a pink stripe in front of a green stripe.
"Ow!" is is a red stripe in front of a cyan blue strip.
"Oye!" is an Indigo Blue strip in front of a Green stripe.

These are blended vowel sounds.  Here is the rainbow for you to remember:


I will write more to you later.  Goodbye for now.


Mr. Coon

No comments:

Post a Comment